The Ashes Caravan Park
Away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life, only minutes from junction 37 of the M6 motorway you will find our small and friendly caravan site where a warm Cumbrian welcome awaits you.
Treat yourself to a relaxing break, set amongst the beautiful scenery of South Lakeland and just a stones throw from the heart of The Lake District.
Whether you want a stop off on your journey, to take a look at the beautiful scenery, choose from the extensive array of walks around the hills of the Lake District, take in the shops and visitor attractions or simply just relax and unwind, The Ashes is the ideal base for you.
Our “grown-ups only” policy is popular with couples who prefer peace and relaxation.
Facilities at The Ashes…All the facilities you expect from a quality caravan site…
- Exclusively for Adults
- 25 All-weather Hardstanding pitches – suitable for caravans, motorhomes, campervans or trailer tents. Sorry NO TENTS
- Fully serviced pitches (Water, 16amp Electric hook up and Waste Water)
- Beautifully clean toilet block with disabled access
- Heated shower rooms
- Secure lawned dog exercise area
- Digital TV boosted signal
- Free WiFi internet
- Recycling and waste disposal
- Views of Cumbrian fells
- Excellent tourist information
- Walks from site
- On site reception with owners living on site
- On site Caravan, Car and Motorhome wash facilities available
So many things to see & do…
Kendal: (4 miles) The Gateway to The Lakes
Sedbergh: (6 miles) and The Yorkshire Dales
- Take a tour around The Lake District & The Yorkshire Dales both with many interesting visitor attractions and endless opportunities to explore dramatic hills, famous lakes or quaint old villages & towns.
- Take a trip to Lake Windermere and beyond to Rydal, Grasmere & Thirlmere through fantastic scenery and awe inspiring mountain passes. Visit Ambleside, Hawkshead and Keswick…The landscapes and views are spectacular!!
- Enjoy a quiet stroll along the pretty country lanes, explore the village or simply just relax on site. The atmosphere is quiet and peaceful and the scenery is beautiful.
- Visit the nearby town of Kendal which boasts a unique blend of independent speciality shops, high street names, a traditional market & regular farmer’s market selling superb local produce.
The whole area also offers a wide range of pubs and restaurants to suit everyone’s taste and pocket or should you choose to eat in, there is also a large 24 hour supermarket within easy reach of the caravan site.